Mobile printing is helping the way we work and manage our life at home; so when looking for a mobile printing app it’s important that you find one that not only functions to your needs, but is compatible with the current technology you’re using. A lot of brands such as Epson, Hewlett Packard, Samsung, Lexmark and Brother all have specific apps that will work with your printer of the same brand – but that’s not the only option.
There are many apps on the market that allow you to connect to any printer within connecting range and we have chosen the highest rated free apps and their key features so you can make the right choice for you.
The Epson iPrint is compatible with a variety of Microsoft Office products including, Word, Excel and PDF documents and also supports file hosting websites such as Dropbox, Evernote and Google Docs.
- Use the built-in web browser to print web pages.
- Configure your print options including paper size and type, number of copies, page range and one or two-sided printing.
- Scan from your Epson All-in-One and save as JPG or PDF.
The HP Print Control app from Hewlett Packard allows you to scan paper documents and retrieve cloud based documents ready to print straight away.
- Send scans directly to your mobile device from your HP All-in-One.
- Print or share your cloud-based files online or by email.
- Mobile scanner technology automatically processes images taken by your iPhone or iPad’s camera.
Preview Microsoft Office documents as if you were using a PC, you can even print selected text while you browse the web. This app is free, but users must subscribe to the service to keep using the application after the 30 day trial period.
- Wireless printing without additional software, cables or memory sticks.
- Clear print previews and prints of your documents.
- Preview and print Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint documents.
Print, scan or send faxes wirelessly from your Android phone, tablet or any other supported Android device to almost any Samsung Laser Printer. You can print documents in different formats from PDF, images, emails, web pages or even the contents on your social network sites.
- Automatic discovery of supported network devices.
- Select multiple images, tap to crop or rotate.
- Supports multiple image sizes and multiple images on a page.
- Supports security features like Job Accounting, Confidential Print and Secure Release.
Use your local wireless network to connect your Android device to your Brother printer or All-in-One with their own free app.
- Easy to use menu.
- Save scanned images to your Android device or email them.
- Automatically search for supported devices on a local wireless network.
- No computer and no driver required.
The PrinterShare mobile app lets your print virtually any document to a compatible wireless printer. The free version of the app only offers a few prints, but with the Premium Key you can gain access to unlimited on-the-go printing with your Android device. Access documents via SD card, device memory, and Google Docs to print to any near by printer.
- Direct printing via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB without PC.
- Print to Windows shared (SMB/CIFS) or Mac shared printers.
- Unlimited remote printing.